Irish Blogs

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Visit to the Physiotherapist

Its a strange thing going to the physio. Its like going to the doctor without the formality. Anyway, after having some trouble with my knees and pains in my legs recently I went to see what the physio had to say. I laid on my back as he twisted and turned my legs, rolled my knees and listened for cracks and abnormalities. Similar to watching a plumber trying to find an airlock in a heating system. So after 10 minutes of this he finally gave me his diagnosis. On my left knee a loose anterior cruciate ligament and on the right some minor wear and tear. He also threw in tight hamstrings and calf muscles on both legs. I must admit I thought I was invincible. I would go without injury. But as the old adage goes you need to stretch after exercise and take a break once in a while. I can't say I've done either of those over the past year. The physio recommended I go on a program of massages and rehabilitation exercises over the next couple of months. Hopefully I'll be back to my old form by mid summer ;-)

No comments:

Music News

Technology News

Business News